Many associations love our collection system, and for so many reasons. Why 14? Because tomorrow, February 14th, is Valentine’s Day, when we show our love for the people in our lives and (why not?) even the systems that make our jobs—and our lives—easier.
How do our clients love online collection? Let us count the ways. Omnipress’ Abstract and Speaker Management System is …
- More flexible than a yogi. This is no out-of-the-box, take-it-or-leave-it product. Every collection process in different and our project managers work to make the system work for you—not the other way around.
- (Much!) more intuitive than your entertainment system remote. The learning curve is not steep; submitters and reviewers will be able to pick it up as they go, which means fewer questions that come back to you.
- More convenient than your trusty email client. Communication within the system to reviewers and submitters. Just one more nifty feature to simplify your collection process!
- Just as customizable as you please. Say you’re collecting grant applications or contest entries instead of abstracts, posters, and other event materials. No problem! We can change the wording to match your process. You can even set multiple deadlines for a single event.
- More accepting than you’d expect. Got abstracts and papers? Yeah, we’ll take those, but we’ll also accept your images, photos, videos, spreadsheets, and just about anything you can think of.
- More versatile than your favorite pair of jeans. Do you want to manually assign reviewers to submissions, or would you rather use a system that randomly assigns them by topic or track? Or will any reviewer do for any submission? Whichever you choose, our system can do it.
- More comprehensive than a final exam. Collect all the information you need at one time, from the abstract itself to all the supplemental content you’ll want later, including, for example, the submitter’s bio and photo.
- More informative than Wikipedia. Use the standard reports we provide or create your own custom reports to get you the information you need. The dashboard provides at-a-glance, real-time data.
- More definitive than the 2014 Super Bowl final score. Never let another paper slip between the cracks! You’ll know the status of any submission, at any time.
- Easier for reviewers. Thank goodness for reliable reviewers! Your collection process wouldn’t work without them, and they generously give their time to make your event a success. Show them some love with an online system that’s simple to use and lets them score and review papers at their convenience.
- More streamlined than a dolphin. What makes for a simpler process? Handling everything in one place. Use an online collection system to gather other paperwork as well as submissions. For example, A/V equipment can be requested and disclosures can be collected.
- Simpler for staff to use. Give administrative access to committee members and staff members involved in the review process. When staff can see the collection process at a glance, it makes more sense.
- More form-fitting than Spandex. Create custom forms to help submitters, reviewers, and staff through the abstract management process.
- Just the beginning! Scheduling is also part of the system; once you have determined who will speak at the event, you can put the sessions and timing together.
More importantly, though, you can use the content you’ve collected to produce outputs—printed proceedings, an event content website, USBs, CDs, and a mobile event app—all with a single vendor partner that knows you, your process, and your association and its unique needs. Collection is a good place to start, but it’s just the beginning for your educational content.
Given these reasons and many more, we think you’ll love our online collection system, too. Contact us to discuss how our abstract management can simplify the collection process for submitters, reviewers, and association staffers alike.