OmniPresence: 5 Reasons to Use a Configurable Abstract Management System
Associations are in constant evolution, as influences like technological advances, research best practices, and industry standards change the way business is done. Your association doesn’t operate the same way it did 20 years ago, and it shouldn’t. Paying attention to the industry and remaining flexible is essential to your association’s survival.
The same is true of the process you use to choose presenters for your annual meeting. Your call for papers has changed over the years, and a one-size-fits-all system doesn’t cut it anymore.
Abstract management systems fall into three categories:
- An out-of-the-box system that is cost-effective but Oftentimes, this type of system is built by an association staff member to fill a need. On a basic level, the system gets the job done, but it can be “clunky” and frustrating to use.
- A custom system that is built with your association’s process in mind. This interface is easy to use and the system does exactly what you want it to do. After all, it was made for you! But that customization comes at a steep price, which many association budgets can’t accommodate.
- An affordable system that performs basic functions well and is easy for submitters, reviewers, and association staff to use. The system can be configured to add flexibility and work with an association’s unique process. There are limits to the configuration that’s available, but most associations get the level of personalization they need without the high cost of a customized system.
As we have learned from our customers, associations needed the third option, which offers flexibility without breaking your budget. We made a conscious decision to pivot our abstract management system in this direction so we can help associations find that perfect balance.
How can a configurable abstract management system help? You can …
- Make the system fit your process—not the other way around. Each association is different. Your abstract management process won’t look the same as another organization’s, even within the same industry. Your system should be able to adjust.
- Bring us your challenges and we’ll suggest configurations that work for you. The Omnipress team is continually revising its best practices, based on feedback from your association and others. What works best is a fluid concept. Are you struggling with an aspect of the system? Bring it to us and we’ll work on creating a better fit. Once we do, other associations can also benefit from your insight.
- Help create a process that’s easier for submitters and reviewers to use. We know that if an abstract management system isn’t simple and straight-forward, you’re going to hear about it from other users. And since we work with meeting professionals like you every day, we know how frustrating this can be for you. When the submission and review processes are smooth, your phone may not ring quite as often. We’re pretty sure you’d be okay with that.
- Save time and frustration. Is there a part of the abstract management that seems clunky to you? Let us know. Maybe there’s a workaround that makes sense, or a tweak we can make that simplifies the task. We want you to be as pleased as possible with the system and we’ll do what we can to save you from hassle.
- Use the system for other purposes. What works for abstracts can also work for posters, awards, grant applications, and anything else that needs to be collected in an organized way. Once you understand the ins and outs of the system, you can use that knowledge to simplify other work that your association does.
Omnipress responds to customer needs to make the system better for everyone, and to customize your experience to fit your needs and the challenges your submitters and reviewers bring to you. To see the system in action, try our abstract management system demo. But remember—nothing is written in stone. Just like your association, the Omnipress abstract management team welcomes change.