5 Ways to Use Online Conference Materials to Increase Attendance
Are your online conference materials working for you? In other words, is the content your association’s speakers create for the annual meeting used to draw attendees to the conference? If not, you’re missing out on one of the benefits of providing online access to your conference content: marketing your annual meeting.
Online conference materials help your members realize that attendance at your annual meeting will benefit their careers. Here are a few examples of how online access to content can reap rewards for your association:
- Improve your SEO: The more information and metadata that lives online and refers to your association, the better your search results. That means your association is easier for potential members to find when they look for professional development.
- Give potential attendees a sample: To whet their appetites, offer a few papers from last year’s conference to show members the quality content they can expect this year. Put your best foot forward: Choose a sample that was well-regarded by attendees.
- Entice members with the promise of access: Include 12 months of access to all conference materials with paid registration. Some will consider this great benefit alone worth the price of admission!
- Offer a preview: Looking to garner more early registrations? Send an exclusive video of the keynote speaker to those who register by a certain date.
- Allow registrants to peek behind the curtain: After a member has decided to attend and has paid the registration fee, use content to build excitement. You could, for example, make handouts for a few popular speakers available before other conference materials are ready to go live.
Online access to conference materials can give your association an attendance boost if you use the tool strategically. Employ teasers to build excitement. You’ll create a FOMO (fear of missing out) vibe for your conference, which helps members understand how valuable attendance truly is—and gets it on their calendars.
Do you use online conference materials to promote your event? How? Share your experiences in the comments!