It’s a Buyer’s Market: Selling Training Materials Online
We’ve all been frustrated shopping in a virtual world. Some online stores are a real mess! Between searching that doesn’t work very well, inadequate navigation, and technical bugs that trip up the “shopping cart” transaction, some sites are annoying enough to make you get out of your pajamas and actually go to a store.
Is this the experience you want learners in your continuing education (CE) courses to have? When they purchase course books, USBs, CDs, and digital files, learners should come away feeling excited about the class.
The best way to foster that positive experience is to build an online storefront that’s easy to use and hassle-free. Can learners go to one site to purchase all of the materials they need, or are there separate areas—or even transactions—for, say, printed course books and digital files?
By putting yourself in the user’s shoes, you’ll start to see the benefits of keeping your storefront simple. Ready to take the next step?
- System flexibility: Whatever form of content you’ve got to offer your learners, you can sell it here.
- Digital protection: Discourage sharing of your valuable digital files with watermarking or digital rights management (DRM).
- Consistent branding: Some online stores reflect the brand of the company that built the site, not the one selling the products. Not true with Omnipress! Your association’s brand shines through, giving the learner a consistent and positive experience.
- Financial integrity: Protect your non-dues revenue! With an Omnipress storefront, your association keeps the entire purchase price; we don’t take a single cent.
- Complete integration: The storefront and Omnipress’ inventory management systems work together to keep an accurate count of which titles you have in abundance and which ones are running low.
- Single-source convenience: For a streamlined, simplified process, work with Omnipress to produce your printed CE materials, order fulfillment, inventory management, USBs and CDs, online training materials, and storefront. One company to call for help with all of your training content needs.
Think about your own online buying experiences, and how you want your learners to feel after a transaction with your association. Make it easier for them to purchase your content and they’ll view your whole organization in a better light.
To learn more about Omnipress’ online storefront and how it can help you and your learners, download our white paper: The Complete Storefront Solution.