7 Features that Create a Great First Impression of Your Event Content Website
Do you remember the first time you became interested in the association industry? Event planning as a career? Your significant other or spouse? Odds are, one or more of these initial encounters is a vivid memory, as clear today as when it happened, whether that was last week or years in the past.
First impressions matter, in matters big (as above) and small, like whether you decide to keep watching a new TV show. You don’t get a second chance at a first impression, so however you come across initially—whether you’re meeting your future in-laws or making your first presentation to the board—has the potential to stick.
The same is true of your event content website. It’s likely that your annual meeting’s schedule is published online before it appears in print, even if you do send advance programs to registrants and potential attendees. Your event content website needs to make a good impression to attract attendees.
What does that look like?
- Consistent Branding: Include your association and event logos, colors, and look.
- Content Capabilities: Provide access to a wide variety of content, like papers, posters, videos, podcasts, session handouts, and more.
- Flexible Listing: Make it easy to view the agenda, by schedule, session, track, paper, and author.
- Paper Display: Give attendees the opportunity to skim or read papers in advance of your annual event so they can come to a session prepared to participate.
- Responsive Design: Allow for flexible access to your event content website—make sure your website looks great on a large computer and a palm-sized smartphone, and everything in between.
- Robust Search Capabilities: Offer a surefire way to find content with full-text and faceted search.
- Speaker Bios: Highlight your talented speakers and authors with biographies, available on the event content website.
Never underestimate the electric power of a good first impression. Make one with an event content website from Omnipress and you’ll excite and motivate potential attendees to register!