2013 – An Important Year for Association Content Delivery
As the new year approaches, we find ourselves looking back at 2013 and evaluating progress, even as we work to improve in the coming year. Omnipress experienced a lot of change and growth in 2013. Let’s take a deeper dive to learn more.
Trends in Association Content Delivery
- Associations moved away from USBs and CDs in 2013. This technology is not completely obsolete; many associations still count on it. Overall, though, we’ve seen a sharp decline in the use of USBs and CDs.
- Organizations have embraced online and mobile content delivery. Event content websites and digital publishing have both shown growth, but the star of this category is mobile event apps. Omnipress continues to expand its offerings in this arena. We’ve added useful features, included GPS-enabled maps, connectivity between speakers and sessions, and a personal itinerary builder.
- Print continues to be a viable content delivery option for events. We have experienced more growth in continuing education training, however, where printed workbooks and online versions of course content are provided together as a blended learning solution.
Product Launches & Enhancements
- Digital Publishing Platform: All types of association content are welcome on our new system, ideal for providing a searchable central hub of association content. Publications, directories, standards, policy books, and more work very well in online versions. For more information on the DPP, read the whitepaper!
- Mobile Event App: As mentioned above, our mobile event app has undergone some exciting updates in the past year. Try it out for yourself with our demo. You can also read the whitepaper for details.
- Abstract and Speaker Management System: Collection is red-hot right now, and for good reason. Beyond saving submitters and reviewers alike from confusing email chains, leaving everyone wondering where a project stands, our system has two new features that make the process even easier. We can collect submitter fees on behalf of an association through a payment gateway, taking one more task of the event planner’s mile-long to-do list. To ensure that a submitted paper is truly shut down for editing, we now offer a lockbox. Once an abstract is added to the lockbox, no further edits can be made. Read more about these changes here.
- Event Ecosystem: The more you use Omnipress to help with your association content needs, the easier it is for you to manage your event. We can take care of your content from collection to digital archive, with all the steps in between (printed program and proceedings, mobile event app, and event content website). Use Omnipress for continuing education training content and online publications for even greater benefit. Learn more about your all-in-one content solution by reading the whitepaper.
The Year in Training
- We experienced growth in our continuing education training products this year, with fulfillment and distribution being most successful. Why keep boxes of inventory in your office and use valuable staff time to pack and ship boxes? Omnipress offers you a better way. Read more about it here.
- Dan and Tony launched a podcast! Listen to Training and Development Talk, hosted by Product Director Dan Loomis and Account Manager Tony Veroeven! In the monthly podcast, the pair discusses trends in professional development and continuing education training in a laid-back, conversational tone. The episode with Dr. Rebecca Keller of Real Science-4-Kids is a great place to start.
- Dan and Tony strutted their stuff as cowboys at the ASTD 2013 International Conference & Expo in May. They brought blended learning solutions and simplified production and distribution of CE content to attendees. A series of blog posts, chronicling their trip from Madison to Dallas, can be found here.
- Tradeshows: Omnipress team members traveled to 20 different tradeshows throughout the country this year. As members of the association community, we like to be out in the trenches, meeting our customers and other association professionals that might need help.
- Executive Briefings: In addition to travel for tradeshows, Omnipress hosted several lunch-and-learn meetings to meet with association professionals and bring them information on products and services to make their content management run a little smoother. Stay tuned for more executive briefings in 2014!
- Surveys: We asked, you answered, we shared the results. This year, Omnipress conducted surveys on digital publishing, training, and your biggest overall challenges as event planners. Survey says: digital publishing has wings, print is still important for CE training, and your job is hard. Turn to Omnipress for solutions!
- Whitepapers: We’ve referenced them above, but here’s the full set of whitepapers that are new or revised for 2013.
- Putting Your Content to Work: A Formula for Success in an Evolving Digital World
- Print and Fulfillment Made Easy: The Case for a One-Vendor Solution
- Choosing the Right Abstract Management System: Nine Key Elements
- Results from the 2013 Digital Publishing Survey: Six Key Findings
- Event Content Planning: A Step-by-Step Guide to Simplifying Your Life
- The State of the Continuing Education Industry: Results of Omnipress’ 2013 Training Survey
- Implementing a Mobile Event App: Seven Steps to Choosing the Right Mobile Event App
- The Cure for What Ails You: The Biggest Challenges of Managing Your Conference
What did your 2013 look like? Could you use help with content management? Let us know! Omnipress is here to help, this year, in 2014, and every year.