Publishing Content Online – 3 Association Assumptions
- My members don’t want online access to training manuals, publications or annual meeting materials.
- My association content is online… the PDFs are linked out right on our website’s homepage!
- My association’s content is a member’s only benefit… if we put it online anyone will be able to access it!
If you are, it’s ok. There are a lot of misconceptions when it comes to putting your valuable association content online. But it’s important to understand what it really means to put educational materials online so your assumptions don’t turn into mistakes.
In an article I wrote for Event Pro-SSSS Association Services’ eNewsletter, I busted three of the myths you may have heard about online content:
- Myth #1: Putting links to PDFs on my association website is a legit way to put my content online.
- Myth #2: If I put my content online, everyone will be able to see it for free!
- Myth #3: Many of my members are “old school” and will not access educational resources online.
[Read the Full Article] Myth Busters: Killing the Rumors You Heard About Putting Content Online
|Free Download: 2011 Executive Summary Report|
Capitalizing on Content
What 550 associations said about delivering their educational materials to members.