Remember the story about the super-smart association IT guy who created an in-house online abstract management system for the super-overwhelmed education director and program coordinators? (If not, that’s ok, it’s been a while.)
In short, it’s the one where this super-smart IT guy developed the “super-perfect” (yet rather costly) in-house system that only he understood… which was all fun and fantastic until he got a better job two years later. Then the education director became even more overwhelmed and was left with an outdated system no one could figure out.
Whatever happened to this poor association?
An Online Abstract Management System That Works
From the “clumsy excel spreadsheets, post-it notes/index cards system” to the “custom-developed, not-so-user-friendly system,” the super-overwhelmed education director and program coordinators finally had enough.
It was time for an online abstract management system that worked.
This is the story for many of our customers who once had an in-house system or have been using another older system developed by “abstract” companies.
To address some of these super-frustrating components of in-house collection systems, here’s a list of what our customers love about our online abstract management system.
Top 10 Features of Online Abstract Management Systems
- Easy Submission Management. Filter and find submissions by nearly any field: last submitted/modified date, submission type, author name and more. Easy submission management allows those in charge to stay on top of incoming and updated submissions in a dashboard/report format.
- Managing Reviewers. Assign abstracts to reviewers, reviewers to abstracts, or groups of either based on topic or track. Additional reviewers can easily be added later. A dashboard and custom reporting allow you to see who’s done what, who hasn’t reviewed at all and the input from each reviewer.
- Personalized Communication. You can send rich-text emails (to individuals or groups of submitting authors) from any email address, so replies go directly to the person in charge. Each email can be personalized, merging in the appropriate data fields to make the message meaningful.
- Field Heaven. The system can pretty much collect the kitchen sink! (On top of author information) you can collect data on a/v, releases, disclosures, bios, etc. You can even conditionally collect more or less information based on a response of a field… and that field can be any type: drop down, radio, multi-select, open text, file upload, etc.
- No System Manual Needed. Regardless of how computer illiterate you are, you can use this intuitive system with minimal help. Enough said.
- Batch Updating. When you need to make a mass update to various fields across all submissions, just export the data, make changes in MS-Excel, and we’ll reload it into the system. No more going into each individual abstract one at a time… It’s a huge time saver!
- Drag and Drop Scheduling. If you can click, drag and drop, you can schedule accepted submissions to create your program. Schedule one session or multiple sessions at once. Set session dates, breaks, presentations, lunches, etc. to complete the program.
- Seamless Workflow. Use the same system from “call for abstracts/papers/presentations”–whatever you call it–to collect final submissions. And when you just need to collect final files from another system, it’s a batch upload of initial information and an email blast away from speakers uploading their files. Then, here’s the kicker: The information in the Omnipress system flows nicely into print, online and other digital outputs (and you only need to work with one company)!
- Custom Reports without Custom Charges. When you need something more than that stock report, just create your own custom report and get the data you need. No waiting for three days and getting charged hundreds of dollars for customer work.
- No One-Shoe-Fits Service. Sometimes you need us, and sometimes you’re in self-serve mode. Either way, our team is a call or click away with years of experience serving hundreds of customers.
And so the super-happy education director and the super-cool online abstract management system FINALLY lived happily ever after…The End!