Online Abstract Management Systems That Work
Remember the story about the super-smart association IT guy who created an in-house online abstract collection system for the super-overwhelmed education director and program coordinators? (If no that’s ok, it’s been a while.)
In short – it’s the one where this super-smart IT guy developed the “super-perfect” (yet rather costly) in-house system that only he understood… which was all fun and fantastic until he got a better job two years later. Then the education director became even more super-overwhelmed and was left with an outdated system no one could figure out.
What ever happened to this poor association?
An Online Abstract Management System That Works
From the “clumsy excel spreadsheets, post-it notes/index cards system” to the “custom-developed, not-so-user-friendly system,” the super-overwhelmed education director and program coordinators finally had enough.
It was time for an online abstract management system that worked.
Well this story exists for many of our customers who had an in-house system or have been using another older system developed by “abstract” companies.
To address some of these super-frustrating components of in-house collection systems, here’s a list of what our customers love about our online abstract management systems.
Top 10 Features of Online Abstract Management System
- Easy Submission Management – Filtering and finding submissions by nearly any field: last submitted/modified date, submission type, author name, and more which allows those in charge to stay on top of incoming and updated submissions in a dashboard/report format.
- Managing Reviewers – Additional reviewers can easily be added later and then the assignment of abstracts to reviewers or reviewers to abstracts or groups of either based on topics or track. Then a dashboard and custom reports allows you to see who’s done what and who hasn’t reviewed at all and the input from each reviewer.
- Personalized Communications – You can send rich-text emails (to individuals or groups of submitting authors) from any email address so replies go directly to the person in charge. Each email can be personalized, merging in the appropriate data fields to make the message meaningful.
- Field Heaven – The system can pretty much collect the kitchen sink (on top of author information) you can collect data on a/v, releases, disclosures, bios, etc. You can even conditionally collect more or less information based on a response of a field. And that field can be any type of field: Drop down, radio, multi-select, open text, file upload, etc.
- No System Manual Needed – Regardless of how computer illiterate you are, you can use this intuitive system with minimal help. Enough said.
- Batch Updating – Just when you need to make a mass update to various fields across all submissions, just export the data, make changes in MS-Excel and we’ll reload it into the system versus going into each abstract at a time… It’s a huge time saver.
- Drag and Drop Scheduling – If you can click, drag and drop, you can schedule accepted submissions to create your program. Schedule one session or multiple sessions at once. Set session dates, breaks, presentations, lunches, etc. for you to create your program.
- Seamless Workflow – Use the same system from “call for abstracts (papers, presentations)” – whatever you call it… to collecting final submissions. And when you just need to collect final files from another system. It’s a batch upload of initial information and an email blast away from speakers uploading their files. Then, here’s the kicker. The information in the Omnipress system flows nicely into print, online and other digital outputs (with only one company to work with).
- Custom Reports without Custom Charges – When you need something more than that stock report, just create your own custom report and get the data you need. No waiting for three days and getting charged hundreds of dollars for customer work.
- No One Shoe Fits Service – Sometimes you need us… Sometimes you’re in self-serve mode. Either way, our team is a call or click away with experience serving hundreds of customers.
…And so the super-happy education director and the super-cool online abstract management system FINALLY lived happily ever after.
|Free Download: Abstract Collection Systems|
Nine Considerations for Choosing an Abstract Management System
Chock full of key questions and considerations you should be thinking about when evaluating your call for papers, review and collection system.