Five Must-Have Features of Inventory Management Systems for Educational Publications
Wondering about the status of your educational publications? If only it were as easy as checking your best friend’s Facebook status to see how they’re doing, right? Oh, wait… It is!
Whether you’re concerned about how many publications you have in stock, if your course books are on back order, or you just want to know what the heck is going on, you should not have to travel far and wide to find out. If you’re more than a mouse-click away, it’s too far.
- Monitor Inventory Levels: If you’re lying awake at 3 am worrying that your course or publication inventory is too low to fulfill an order, you shouldn’t need to lose any more sleep before you can find out. Inventory management systems allow access to publication inventory levels any time, any day.
- View Product History: Wondering how many course books you ordered last year? No need to call your vendor. You should be able to check it yourself easily and free of phone transferring hassles.
- See Replenishing Points: Using your inventory management system, you should be able to double check your replenishment points for all products.
- Back Order Status: You should be able to see if any of the products you ordered are on back order.
- Ordering and Shipping from Inventory System: Did you forget to order enough of your instruction manuals? Or are you wondering when your order was shipped? No worries. Inventory management systems should allow you to adjust your order and view shipping information.
Take a look at your inventory management system. Do you know the status of your educational publications as well as your best friend’s Facebook status?