Christmas Treats, Cheers and Recipes from Omnipress
Who doesn’t like Rice Krispie treats?
Inspired by Paul Wehking’s 2009 Rice Krispie Christmas Tree Treat, our sales and marketing team decided to take to the kitchen and show off our tree, cookie and beverage making talents in our “Christmas Cook’n with Omnipress” video.
It’s our way of saying Merry Christmas and providing some entertainment this holiday season.
Christmas Cook’n with Omnipress
Behind the Scenes
Lucky for you, the camera’s were rolling and few of us were caught in the act. These outtakes are an Omnipress tradition ever since our 2008 Christmas Karaoke contest and hilarious outtakes… Enjoy!
Our Not So Secret Recipe’s
Holly Meyer’s… Apple Pieder Drink – Trust Jodi Ray when she say’s this is mmm mmm good! Just mix up the following ingredients and your guests will definitely be toasting their mugs.
- One (or two) shots of Tuaca
- One cup of hot apple cider
- A dollop of whip cream
- A cinnamon stick
Janel Savich’s… Christmas Cookies – If only my mom would have known about this.
- Buy a bag of Betty Crocker sugar cookie mix
- Just add butter and eggs
- Roll’em out, cut ’em up and bake away. Makes 3 dozen 2-inch cookies
If you’re short on time, but need a fancy looking cookie, learn from the pro…
Vince Reindl’s Tom & Jerry Batter – Two words for this… “Pure Awesomeness.”
- One dozen room temperature eggs (separate whites and yolks into two bowls)
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Ground Clove
- 1/2 tsp Nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp Ginger
- 1 tsp Alum
- Spiced Rum and Brandy
In the bowl of yolks, mix in the cinnimon, clove, nutmeg and ginger. In the other bowl, beat the egg whites until stiff, then add 1 tsp alum. Using a hand whisk, fold in 1/2 lb to 1 lb of powdered sugar. Blend in the yolk mixture. Fill your favorite mug half full of batter, add spiced rum and brandy to suit your tastes, then add hot water to fill the mug. Stir and top with a little more nutmeg (for presentation) and ENJOY. You can also mix equal parts batter with milk for a tasty egg nog.
Paul Wehking’s… Rice Krispie Tree Treats – Want to impress your relatives or colleagues this year? Bring in a Rice Krispie tree treat and everyone will think you’re da’ bomb!
- Make 3 batches of Rice Krispie’s in a pan but add green food coloring to two batches and red coloring to the other
- Using a heavy coated paper, make a cone shape to the desired height (about 20″ high x 10″ wide base) – Tape it to a decorative plate.
- After the treat’s cool, cut them into 2″ wide x 3″ to 4″ long (it varies as you build your tree)
- Place them around the cone mixing the red and green bars
- Top with anything decorative… be creative!
Merry Christmas from all of us Omnipress!
Want more videos of your favorite Omnipress peeps?
Check out Omnipress on Facebook